Lavender toilet water has a multitude of uses in the home. It is easy to make your own and save a little money at the same time.
- 1.5 cups lavender flowers
- 700ml (24 fl oz) boiling water
- 2 tablespoons gin or vodka
- Pour the boiling water over the lavender flowers in a large ceramic bowl. Set aside for 24 hours at room temperature. This will permit the fragrance to infuse through the water.
- Place the infusing mixture into the refrigerator to continue infusing for another 2 days.
- Remove after 2 days. Strain the water through a sieve to remove the lavender flowers.
- Add the alcohol and mix through.
- Pour into a glass bottle and add an airtight lid. Homemade toilet water should be kept in the refrigerator.
- Kettle or saucepan for boiling water
- Large ceramic bowl
- Sieve or colander for straining
- Sterilised, clean glass bottle